Copperfield's Goldens Guardian Homes Program
A Guardian Home is a local family who is a forever home for one of the dogs in our breeding program. Guardian homes allow our breeding dogs to live with families and not in kennels as our program continues to grow. Our breeding program is designed around our ability to utilize Guardian Homes for our breeding dogs. Please review our contract and fill out a to be considered for this program.
Copperfield’s Goldens Guardian Contract
This contract is entered into between Candace D Warren, of Copperfield’s Goldens, hereafter
referred to as 'the Breeder' and ____________________________________, hereafter referred to
as 'the Foster'. The Breeder will place the puppy or dog of her choosing, hereafter referred to as
'the Dog', with the Foster. The Foster will provide a PERMANENT home for the Dog and the
Breeder will retain exclusive rights to the Dog for their breeding program until
__________________________________. Any puppies born to the Dog shall be the sole
property of the Breeder.
Description of the dog:
Registered name: __________________________________________________
Call name: ________________ Sex: _______ Color/Marking: ______________
AKC registration #: _________________________
The Breeder agrees:
1. The Dog is registered to the American Kennel Club.
2. To cover all costs related to genetic testing, as well as all veterinary and other expenses
incurred in relation to breeding and whelping.
3. To keep the Dog safe and well cared for while in Breeder's care.
4. If the Dog is injured or requires veterinary treatment while in the Breeder's care, the Breeder
will be responsible for all costs incurred.
5. To take the Dog back if at any time the Foster is no longer able to look after the Dog.
The Foster agrees:
1. To provide a loving and caring home for the Dog to the best of our ability.
2. To ensure the Dog is well cared for, not over-exercised while under 12 months of age, or
allowed to become overweight.
3. To provide routine veterinary care at the Foster's expense. Use products recommended by the
breeder and that are proven safe to use on breeding dogs.
4. To inform the Breeder if the Dog is sick.
5. To feed a quality food approved by the Breeder.
6. That the Breeder has full and exclusive breeding rights to the Dog.
7. To inform the Breeder at the beginning of each heat cycle and agrees to pay damages up to
$3,500 if we don’t inform the Breeder of each of the Dog’s heat cycles. If the Dog goes more
than 12 months without a heat cycle, we agree to allow the Breeder to take the Dog to a Vet for
8. To deliver the Dog or make plans for the Breeder to obtain the Dog no later than day 10 of
heat cycle in which breeding will take place.
9. To allow the Breeder to house the dog for breeding and whelping.
10. To deliver the Dog, or make plans for the Breeder to obtain the Dog, no later than one week
before her due date.
11. That the Dog will stay with the Breeder for seven weeks while whelping until puppies are
12. To not permit the Dog to breed unless scheduled by the Breeder. Foster is not allowed to
have/own or house any intact males.
13. To live within 50 miles of the Breeder.
14. That the Foster will not spay the Dog until agreement has expired unless the Breeder has
given written consent, and furthermore, agrees to pay damages up to $3,500 if we spay the Dog
without the Breeder’s written consent.
15. To contact the Breeder immediately if we can no longer look after the Dog at ANY point
during this contract.
Neither the Foster nor the Breeder has the right to sell the Dog to another party nor may the
Breeder demand the Dog back from the Foster so long as the Foster is taking good care of the
Dog and is meeting all the requirements of this contract.
Should the Foster break any of the above agreements, the Breeder has the right to remove the
Dog from the Fosters possession immediately.
The undersigned agree to all covenants of this contract as of this _________ day of
Breeder's Name and Address:
Foster Family's Name and Address:
X _____________________________ Signature of Breeder Date
X _______________________________ Signature of Foster Date