1) Contact us through e-mail or call us. We start accepting deposits when the litter is born.
2) After discussing your interest in a puppy and we decide that a puppy from us would be a good match we will need you to fill out a questionnaire, print off the purchase contract and sign the back page, (you can scan and email it to us or mail it with your deposit check) and then send a deposit. Send a deposit by check; payable to Copperfield's Goldens, or via PayPal for $500. (Paypal fees are paid by Purchaser and not Copperfield's Goldens). Remaining Balance paid when puppy goes home.
3) We accept visitors to meet the parents prior to puppies arrival. Once Puppies are born no one can visit our home until the pups have had their first vaccine and vet visit at 6 weeks of age. This is to ensure the safety of the newborn puppies. No puppy sale is worth us losing a litter of puppies because we allowed someone to bring in parvo or kennel cough!! We will be happy to send references from past puppy homes.
4) We will send out an e-mail to new puppy homes when the puppies are 5 weeks old. In that e-mail you will be notified of your appointment time to select your puppy. There will be no appointments on Sundays. The e-mail will also have all info needed for you to be ready for your new puppy.
5) The puppies have to be at least 7 weeks old when they go home. Pet puppies are chosen in the order that deposits are received. When the deposit is made we try our best to tell you where you fall on the deposit list. We start early in the morning the day they go home and set appointments a 1/2 hour apart in the orderyou fell on the deposit list. This gives you ample time to select your puppy and go over all the paperwork. You will only see the sex that you have chosen. I will also have the parents for you to meet and in many cases grandparents too (unless the sire is out showing). I have been doing it this way for years and have found this is the fairest way possible.
6) All of our puppies are fed Purina Pro Plan Large Breed puppy food. We recommend you continue them on this until 5 months of age, then you can switch them to a large breed adult formula. We recommend Purina Pro Plan Large Breed Adult Formula. (Chicken Shredded Blend)